What Is Porcelain Laminate?
Porcelain laminate is a crown method using porcelain to cover natural teeth. Its main material, porcelain, is obtained by combining some metals with non-metal elements. It is an inorganic material produced by processing and sintering at high temperatures. Treatment is mainly for people who;
- Has eroded and broken teeth in the front part of their teeth,
- Has decayed tooth that cannot be treated by filling,
- Has missing teeth,
- Has crooked teeth.
However, it is also used by people who want to have more aesthetic teeth and do not have dental health issues. It is prepared specially for each patient and applied if the dentist approves.
What Are the Advantages of Porcelain Teeth?
Laminate veneer has different types of advantages. The procedure is performed by expert dentists if the patient profile is suitable. The advantages of this procedure are as follows;
- Contributes to the smile design.
- The treatment process is shorter compared to other dental treatments.
- It is more affordable.
- It offers an aesthetic appearance.
- It has a long lasting.
It is designed in accordance with the tooth color and shape of the patients.
How Is Porcelain Crown Applied?
Patients who wish to have porcelain laminate veneer are first examined by the dentist. If no problem is seen, the process is continued. In general, the process develops as follows;
- Before the treatment, the teeth that will be treated are wiped with special tools.
- In order to set the porcelain crown, the teeth are trimmed. The process ranges from 0.5 to 0.7 mm.
- When the trimming is completed, a pattern is created. It can be performed by three-dimensional imaging or classical methods.
- After the images are taken and patterns are created, they are sent to the laboratory with the relevant measurements. Thus, the production of the crown starts.
- Temporary crowns are applied until this period is completed so that the trimmed teeth will not get damaged and be used properly.
- The dentist will arrange a try-on when the laminate veneers are ready.
- Porcelain crowns are applied to the teeth with the help of special adhesives.
However, not every patient is suitable for the laminate veneer. If the profile of the patient is not suitable for the treatment, other options are considered. The treatment is applied in sessions and varies according to the patients. As soon as the treatment is over, patients can return to their daily life.
Fequently Asked Questions
Do You Have Any Question?
You can ask us any questions about this treatment 24/7.